76.8 F
Santo Domingo
Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Latest Posts

USA donates three mobile hospitals and two operations centers to the Dominican Republic

- Advertisement -

The United States Government, through the United States Southern Command, announced the donation of three mobile hospitals and two operations centers, to increase the capacity of the Dominican Government to rapidly deploy personnel and medical equipment and offer emergency assistance during disaster response operations or health crisis.

The donation, worth 5.1 million dollars, shows the cooperation between the United States and the Dominican Republic to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and be ready for future crises.

“We have been united in the face of the pandemic, and we will remain united after COVID-19 because this is a relationship built on trust. I thank the COE and the Ministry of Defense for giving us the opportunity to demonstrate that again here today, and to Admiral Faller for the efforts of his team at Southern Command to demonstrate once again what kind of partner the United States is”, said Robert Thomas. , Charge d’Affaires of the United States Embassy.

On his side, Admiral Craig Faller, commander of the Southern Command, said that the United States and the Dominican Republic share the same values ​​of justice and respect. “This ceremony highlights the strong relationship between the US and the Dominican Republic in the fight against COVID-19.”

The vice president and coordinator of the Health Cabinet, Raquel Peña, received the donations on behalf of the Dominican Government and declared that “through the United States Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), the North American Government, our nation’s historical ally, offers us a once again your helping hand in our mission to preserve the well-being of the Dominican people”.

The director of the Emergency Operations Center (COE), Major General (R) Juan Manuel Méndez García, thanked the United States Government for its collaboration and said that “this is a story of mutual support and collaboration that repeats itself.”

The donation is part of the Humanitarian Assistance Program of the United States Southern Command (HAP) and, together with the two mobile hospitals delivered in September 2020, which include 8 ventilators, personal protective equipment, and the syringes delivered in support of the vaccination plan, their contributions to the country in the last year have a total value of more than six million dollars.

Today, these mobile hospitals provide increased installed capacity to receive and treat COVID-19 patients. In the absence of medical emergencies, they will be used to train disaster response medical personnel under Civic Medical Assistance Programs (MEDCAP) and/or disaster response exercises across the country.

Also present at the ceremony was the Minister of Defense, Lieutenant General Carlos Luciano Díaz Morfa.

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.