76.8 F
Santo Domingo
Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Latest Posts

Total Dominican exports show growth of 9.85 percent

- Advertisement -

Total exports from the Dominican Republic for the period January – March 2022 amounted to US$3,040.58 million, presenting a growth of 9.85%, in relation to the same period in 2021.

According to the Commerce Magazine, of the General Directorate of Customs (DGA), for the first quarter of 2022, 60.79% of exports belong to the free zone regime, 36.60% to the national regime, 2.24% to temporary admission and the remaining 0.37% for re-export.

The official document details that 41.20% of exports belong to consumer goods, 38.79% to raw materials, while the remaining 20.02% to capital goods. Exports of consumer goods reached US$1,252.59 million between January and March 2022, for an absolute variation of US$201.66 and a relative variation of 19.19% compared to the same period in 2021, when they stood at US$1,050.93 million.

Likewise, exports of raw materials grew by 2.45% in the same period of 2022, going from US$1,151.08 million between January and March 2021 to US$1,179.31 million this year, for an absolute variation of US$28.23 million.

Also, exports of capital goods grew by 7.53% in the same period this year. This economic destination stood at US$566.03 million in the first quarter of 2021 and went to US$608.67 million in the same period of 2022, marking an absolute variation of US$42.65 million.

In the same document, the General Directorate of Customs reports that the exports of the national regime, for the period of January – March 2022, amounted to US$1,112.91 million, presenting a growth of 7.13% compared to the same period of 2021.

The collecting institution highlighted that 45.94% of the exports of the national regime belongs to non-metal goods, while the remaining 54.06% is metal goods, among these 31.74% belongs to gold and silver. Gold and silver exports are in negative when compared to the first quarter of 2021.

Gold and silver exports between January and March 2021 reached US$474.45 million and in the same period of 2022 they fell to US$353.26 million, for a negative absolute variation of -US$121.20 million.

Customs indicates that 79.87% of the exports of the national regime are concentrated in 10 tariff chapters, standing out: Fine pearls, precious or semi-precious stones with a participation of 31.83%; followed by: foundry, iron and steel (20.25%); plastic materials and their manufactures (7.15%); sugars and confectionery items (5.97%) and edible fruits (5.20%).

In addition, salt, sulfur, earth, stones, plaster and lime with a participation of 2.19%; cocoa and its preparations (2.15%); animal or vegetable fats and oils (1.91%); malt and starch (1.64%) and preparations based on cereals, flour (1.58%). The rest represents 20.13%.

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.