Former prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez is accused of having committed at least 13 crimes and misdemeanors, according to the accusation filed against him by the Specialized Prosecutor’s Office for the Prosecution of Administrative Corruption, to which Diario Libre had access.
“Jean Alain Rodríguez Sánchez: who, using his status as Attorney General of the Republic, a high-level public official, committed criminal actions against Public Assets, specifically the funds assigned to the Attorney General’s Office, by associating with other public officials, contractors and businessmen, to receive huge amounts of bribe money, ”says the 12,274-page document, deposited lasJustit Saturday.
According to the accusation, Rodríguez carried out a series of fraudulent acts in order to harm and embezzle the Dominican State, by diverting funds that increased his assets and served to illicitly finance political campaigns.
Accusations against Jean Alain Rodríguez
- Violation of article 146 of the Constitution of the Republic;
- Author of Association of Malefactors duly typified in articles 265 and 266 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Coalition of Officials and Prevarication duly typified in articles 33, 123, 124, 166 and 167 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Fraud against the State duly typified in article 405 paragraph of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Embezzlement duly typified in article 3 of Law 712 dated June 27, 1927 (embezzlement) that replaces articles 170, 171 and 172 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of crimes of which officials who have been involved in matters incompatible with their quality duly typified in paragraph III articles 175 Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Use of False Documents duly typified in Article 148 and 151 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Falsity in Public Writing duly typified in articles 145 and 146 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Passive Bribery duly typified in article 2 of Law 448-06 on Bribery in Commerce and Investment, as well as articles 177 and 178 of the Dominican Penal Code;
- Author of Falsification and Omission in the Sworn Statement, as well as Illicit Enrichment duly typified in articles 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 of Law No. 311-14 on Sworn Statements;
- Author of illicit financing of political campaigns in typical conduct to articles 64.3 and 78 of Law no. 33-18, of Parties, Groups and Political Movements;
- Illicit author, damage or alteration of data and sabotage cybercrimes typified by articles 6, 10 and 11 of Law 53-07 on High Technology Crimes and Crimes.
- Author of money laundering duly typified in articles 2.11, 2.15, article 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.6, 4.9, 4.10, 9.1, 9.2 and 9.4 of Law No. 155-17, against Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism. Violation of articles: 1, 3 literals A, B, 4, paragraph, 5, 7 literal A, D, 8 literal B, 9, 18, 21, 27, 29, 31, paragraph I and II, 32, 33 Law Law 72-02 on Money Laundering from the Illicit Trafficking of Drugs and Controlled Substances (for laundering events carried out before 2017).