80 F
Santo Domingo
Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Latest Posts

VP affirms that the protocol to eliminate the curfew is ready

- Advertisement -

The Vice-president of the Dominican Republic, Raquel Peña, said that the government finished the protocol to eliminate the curfew, soon to be presented to the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader.

The official explained that the set of measures was prepared by the Health Cabinet, which she directs, and will be the same as in La Altagracia, which has been the first province to reach 70% of its vaccinated population and where the curfew is going to be dismantled.

“We have already developed a protocol jointly with Public Health and the entire Health Cabinet, and now we are going to discuss it with President Luis Abinader, because the one that is applied in the province (La Altagracia), will be the same that will be applied at the national and that is why we are taking due care”, she emphasized.

Peña indicated that people must follow the protection protocols to avoid the development of a new outbreak at the national level.

The Vice-president said that the country is prepared for the fourth wave of COVID-19 infections, and pointed out that they have instructions from President Abinader, to execute a series of measures through the National Health Service (SNS), and the Ministry of Health, to give a necessary hospitable response.

In that sense, she explained that the number of beds in hospital centers for COVID-19 care is being increased.

Likewise, the Vice-president said that the vaccination process at the national level registers 65.7% of the population vaccinated with the first dose and 50.75% with the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

The official emphasized that the aspiration of the government authorities in the short term is to inoculate 70% of the population.

Regarding the third dose that is being applied to the population as a reinforcement, the vice president indicated that many people have attended to be inoculated with it and that they are at a good pace.

She stressed that the placement of the third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine must be done voluntarily, and so far, it has been applied to around 300,000 people who went to vaccination centers in search of it.

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.